2. With a abanico
3. Of course, the siesta (and it’s secrets)
4. The Spanish card game (ideas)
5. A good paella
In upcoming articles I will discuss one of these tips. Today, with this heat, there’s nothing better than a refreshing drink, very easy to make, sangria.
My aunt Vicenta made this every summer. The characteristic smell I associate with summer. Sangria is linked to the patio, shade, friends and conversation, really nice.
Ingredients for two liters of sangria
– A bottle of red Spanish young wine
– 2 diced peaches
– 1 apple into pieces
– 1 cinnamon stick
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
– 1 orange and 1 lemon, peeled and cut into pieces. Remove the yellow part of the peel.
– 1 liter of water, mineral water, lemon or orange lemonade.
– Optional: grapes, strawberries and melon
– Pieces of ice and at last some leafs of mint
Share everything and mix it with wine, water and sugar. Add cinnamon. Stir well. Allow it to cool in the refrigerator for at least two hours. Serve with ice.
Illustration/ photos: Ángeles Nieto